WATCH /// DOCTOR WHO AUTUMN TRAILER
Just when I thought The Walking Dead trailer couldn’t be bettered, five minutes later this pops up. Under Steven Moffat, Doctor Who has undoubtedly evolved into one of the must-watch shows on British television, and this trailer looks like the second half of Season 6 isn’t letting the side down. So what do we see? Well…
- A very Shining-esque hotel corridor.
- A return for a badass-looking Winston Churchill (Ian McNiece) and Craig (James Corden), as well the villainous Madame Kovarian (Frances McDormand).
- Hitler thanking the trio of the Doctor, Amy and Rory for saving his life (well done guys)
- River Song wearing an eyepatch rather like Kovarian’s (not a good sign)
- The Silence! The Cybermen! The Weeping Angels! Time to hide behind the sofa.
- Rory punching Hitler.
- A prophecy from Madame Kovarian ”An impossible astronaut will rise from the deep and strike the Doctor dead”, along with the footage of said striking. Might we get an answer to that impossible riddle?
It looks like there’s going to be twists, turns and even more twists in the remaining six episodes, one of which is given a teaser here. The God Complex is set in that aforementioned Shining-aping hotel, but instead of ghoulish, possessed caretakers, the Doctor & co seem to be running from a minotaur of sorts. There’s also a creepy clown. No doubt everything will be explained and then confused again come September.